Welcome!

I have been researching my family tree since my paternal grandfather died in 1976. Whilst researching my mother's ancestry I started recording every instance of her maternal grandmother's name FARMERY and so my one-name study was born! I now record every instance of the name I find all over the world, and my database currently contains over 51,600 name events. I am constructing family trees for each family group and try to put distant cousins in touch!

My study covers the FARMERY surname and known variants such as FARMEARY, FARMEREY, FARMARY and FARMERIE, as well as instances of the name being used as a forename rather than surname.


Saturday 29 November 2008

Farmery DNA Project Update

We now have three full 37 marker Y Chromosome results back - Farmery of Binbrook (and Walesby?), of Rawmarsh/Tickhill and of Hutton Conyers/Leeds. A fourth test, Farmery of Thorne/Fishlake is so far analysed up to 12 markers.

A fifth test, Farmery of North Ormsby, has been returned to the lab and a sixth, Farmery of Vancouver/Grimsby (and Searby/Walesby?) is about to be sent off.

Whilst we have no matches so far the last two results are eagerly awaited. The North Ormsby group start with an illegitimate birth where it is assumed the father was a Farmery. It is hoped that Vancouver/Grimsby will be a match for Binbrook and so link that line firmly to the Walesby family!

FamilyTreeDNA have 37 marker test kits on sale at $119.00 (reduced from $189.00) during December.

No comments: