Saturday September 25th 2010 will see the tenth international Farmery gathering in the village hall at Bracebridge Heath, near Lincoln (LN4 2LB).
Guests this year are already confirmed from Italy, New Zealand and Canada!
The first gathering was held on May 20th 2000, then every year from September 28th 2002.
- 10.00am Registration and Coffee
- 10.30am Welcome and Introductions (Alan Moorhouse)
- 10.45am On The Menu Tonight - Food From The Past (Lynda Hotchkiss)
- 11.45am Open/workshop session
- 12.30pm Lunch (at leisure)
- 2.00pm Afternoon session commences
- 2.15pm Newspapers - The Importance of Using Them in Research (Peter Edwards)
- 3.15pm Open/workshop session
- 4.15pm Raffle, Tea
- 4.30pm Close
Lynda Hotchkiss is a Community Engagement Officer, well known local speaker and research consultant with G&LH search. Her talk will be supplemented with a range of cooked food samples!
Peter Edwards, a 6th generation Fens native, is owner and senior researcher with Hereward Researchers and a respected local expert and speaker.
The raffle will be in aid of the Star Appeal at the National Star College in Cheltenham.
For those waniting to make a weekend of it there will be an informal gathering at The Premier Inn Canwick on Friday evening, a more formal dinner in Lincoln on Saturday evening and a visit on Sunday morning.
For more information please email me.