Welcome!

I have been researching my family tree since my paternal grandfather died in 1976. Whilst researching my mother's ancestry I started recording every instance of her maternal grandmother's name FARMERY and so my one-name study was born! I now record every instance of the name I find all over the world, and my database currently contains over 51,600 name events. I am constructing family trees for each family group and try to put distant cousins in touch!

My study covers the FARMERY surname and known variants such as FARMEARY, FARMEREY, FARMARY and FARMERIE, as well as instances of the name being used as a forename rather than surname.


Monday 12 January 2009

1911 Census Now Available

Indexes to images from the 1911 census are available online for most counties. Some information on the actual images will not be available until after January 1st 2012.

All counties of major interest in terms of FARMERY representation are available apart from Durham and the East and North Ridings of Yorkshire.

The cost of viewing the transcriptions and images is quite high so at this point I have simply downloaded all entries from the index into an excel spreadsheet. I am slowly rechecking the index for the relationship to the head of household (head, wife, daughter, mother etc) with the aim of reconstructing individual families by then sorting on county, district, age etc.

Detailed below are the number of individuals and households (based on the number of "head of household" from the index) in 1911, with a comparison to the numbers on the 1901 census:

FARMERY
704 individuals in 163 households (1901: 792, 179)

FARMARY
0 individuals (1901: 12, 2)

FARMEREY
2 individuals in 1 household (1901: 0 individuals)

FARMEARY
9 individuals in 1 household (1901: 0 individuals)

No comments: