Welcome!

I have been researching my family tree since my paternal grandfather died in 1976. Whilst researching my mother's ancestry I started recording every instance of her maternal grandmother's name FARMERY and so my one-name study was born! I now record every instance of the name I find all over the world, and my database currently contains over 51,600 name events. I am constructing family trees for each family group and try to put distant cousins in touch!

My study covers the FARMERY surname and known variants such as FARMEARY, FARMEREY, FARMARY and FARMERIE, as well as instances of the name being used as a forename rather than surname.


Sunday 6 December 2009

2009 Gathering Report


The 9th annual Farmery gathering was held at Bracebridge Heath Village Hall near Lincoln on Saturday September 26th 2009. Tom Doig gave a very informative talk on clues to dating old photographs and several of those present brought photographs with them. In the afternoon Susan Clayton talked on the role of the Church Courts, amusingly demonstrated by role play with three of those present! A group dinner was held that evening at the Wig and Mitre on Steep Hill and on Sunday a small group went on a "mini cruise" on the Fosse Navigation from Brayford Pool to Pyewipe followed by a visit to Doddington Hall.

No comments: