Welcome!

I have been researching my family tree since my paternal grandfather died in 1976. Whilst researching my mother's ancestry I started recording every instance of her maternal grandmother's name FARMERY and so my one-name study was born! I now record every instance of the name I find all over the world, and my database currently contains over 51,600 name events. I am constructing family trees for each family group and try to put distant cousins in touch!

My study covers the FARMERY surname and known variants such as FARMEARY, FARMEREY, FARMARY and FARMERIE, as well as instances of the name being used as a forename rather than surname.


Wednesday 16 December 2009

Another 100% DNA Match!

We have recently received back another 37 marker DNA test result and this likely confirms that George Farmery (who married firstly Anne Puttergill June 12th 1816 and secondly Sarah Handson January 4th 1827, both marriages being at Faldingworth) was the son of John and Elizabeth (nee Bell) Farmery who married at Walesby May 15th 1775. From the census returns George says he was born at Walesby ~ 1790, though no baptism has been found (a similar situation to Robert Farmery of Binbrook who says he was born at Walesby ~ 1787 but again with no baptism found). Descendants of George of Faldingworth and Robert of Binbrook have identical DNA which also matches with a "cousin" of mine with Farmery ancestry through Searby back to Walesby

No comments: